Do I have to pay Flame Lily Education any money for helping me?

No - all of our advice and services are completely FREE! The institutions fund us to assist their students, so we are able to offer our advice and assistance to you free of charge.

What qualifications do I need to study in the UK?

There is no one answer to this question, as qualifications required will depend on: 1) The country your qualifications were obtained 2) The course you would like to study 3) The college/university you apply to As a rule of thumb, the minimum qualifications required for entry on to: 1) A Foundation Course - 5 passes at GCSE level (or equivalent) 2) Year 1 of University - 2 passes at A Level (or equivalent) 3) Pre-Masters - Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field 4) Masters - A lower second-class (2.2) Honours Degree (or equivalent) in a related field However, many universities will take other factors into consideration as well, such as relevant work experience and credit for prior learning, so if you are not sure if you qualify for entry on to your desired course, please do get in touch and we will be more than happy to assist you!

Can I work while I study in the UK?

Yes! Students on a Tier 4 study visa are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week during semester time, and full-time during the holidays.

Do I need to pass an English test to study in the UK?

There is usually a requirement that you have a satisfactory level of English to study at a college or university in the UK. This usually means passing a secure English language test (SELT). However, there are exceptions, and some institutions are able to accept the qualifications you already have as proof of your knowledge of English. Please get in touch to find out what English score you require to study in the UK.

Why should I choose to study in the UK?

The UK remains an extremely popular destination for international students. Some of the top reasons students continue to choose to study in the UK are:

  1. British higher education institutions and qualifications have an impressive international reputation
  2. The UK has a long history of welcoming international students to its colleges and universities, so life in the UK is very culturally diverse
  3. Undergraduate and postgraduate courses tend to be shorter than in other countries, which can help keep the costs of tuition fees and living expenses down
  4. UK higher education institutions offer a wide variety of courses to choose from, whatever your age, ability or interest
  5. UK qualifications are recognised and valued by employers worldwide, increasing your potential in the job market

Are there any scholarships available?

There are not many scholarships available for international students studying in the UK, and students are expected to be self-funding, or sponsored by a government body.

Why should I choose to use Flame Lily Education?

  1. We are experts in our industry. We have excellent knowledge of the UK higher education sector, so we can provide you with all of the information and assistance you need to study at college or university in the UK.
  2. We care about our students. We will always provide you with the options that are best suited for your individual needs, and offer you continuous support throughout your studies in the UK
  3. It's FREE! The institutions fund us to assist their students, so we are able to offer all of our advice and assistance free of charge to you.

Do I need to pay for UK healthcare?

You will need to pay for UK healthcare if:

  • you're a national of a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
  • you're applying for a visa to work, study or join your family in the UK for more than 6 months (but you're not applying to remain in the UK permanently)
You will pay for UK healthcare as part of your visa application, and can start using the National Health Services (NHS) once:
  • you've paid the healthcare surcharge
  • your visa has been granted

Will I get support for my learning or physical disability?

Colleges and universities in the UK pride themselves on being inclusive, and so most will be able to offer you the support you require during your studies, such as adapted accommodation, professional care staff and learning support coordinators to help you get the most out of your studies. Universities in the UK also provide study material in Braille and other formats, in addition to allowing students with disabilities extra time to complete their coursework or exams. Please note that any disabilities should be declared at application stage, and a medical report from a relevant medical professional should be provided, so that the college or university is able to confirm whether they can support your additional needs.

Is the weather in the UK really that bad?

The weather in the UK can be varied and unpredictable. Although it does tend to rain quite often, especially between the months of September to May, the UK does get more sunshine than most people expect. The weather will also depend on where in the UK you are based - the further south you go, the milder the weather gets. As for British summers, they can be pretty great with lots of sunshine and warm weather, and loads of events, festivals and concerts taking place to make the most of it!

Innovation Space, Halpern House, 1 Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QF, United Kingdom    +44 (0) 7398 388 953,

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

©2019 by Flame Lily Education Ltd